RA D IOHE_A D/B_RA S IL
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

RA D IOHE_A D/B_RA S IL

Fórum Brasileiro da Banda RADIOHEAD.

InícioProcurarÚltimas imagensRegistarEntrar

Studio Update: Radiohead 'Obsessed With Disco' - NME

Ir para baixo 
AutorMensagem
Rafa-RH
Administrador
Administrador
Rafa-RH

Número de Mensagens : 3928

Studio Update: Radiohead 'Obsessed With Disco' - NME Empty
MensagemAssunto: Studio Update: Radiohead 'Obsessed With Disco' - NME   Studio Update: Radiohead 'Obsessed With Disco' - NME Icon_minitimeQua Jun 03, 2009 4:23 pm

Studio Update: Radiohead 'Obsessed With Disco' - NME Radioheadnme
Ir para o topo Ir para baixo
Rafa-RH
Administrador
Administrador
Rafa-RH

Número de Mensagens : 3928

Studio Update: Radiohead 'Obsessed With Disco' - NME Empty
MensagemAssunto: Re: Studio Update: Radiohead 'Obsessed With Disco' - NME   Studio Update: Radiohead 'Obsessed With Disco' - NME Icon_minitimeQua Jun 03, 2009 4:24 pm

Citação :

Studio Update: Radiohead 'Obsessed With Disco'

Colin Greenwood spills the beans on how the new album is going plus Reading and Leeds plans.

After revealing that Radiohead started work on their new album in Oxfordshire with long-time producer Nigel Godrich last month, bassist Colin Greenwood gave a first glimpse at what the follow up to 'In Rainbows' will sound like. Greenwood who last month gave a talk at the Great Escape Festival in Brighton, told NME that he had been "obsessed" with disco classics and techno/house artists as well as old soul classics.
"I became obsessed with four to the floor [rhythms], [techno DJ/musician] Moodymann and disco" he explained. "I've found out that on the internet you can subscribe without paying for it via DJ ? like Scandinavian disco. I tried some and got sent a load of old ?, we've been checking out stuff on 14tracks.com. They're this company that distribute electronic music. A friend of mine at ? worked there. They recommend 14 ? tracks or 14 great German tunes."
He ? (concluded?) that although his music taste was getting an electronic revamp the band hadn't yet settled on a sound for the album. "It's early days and it's like making a scrap book," he said . "It's all up in the air but it's good in a way because we just try something and we work on it then we move on to something else and look back afterward. We're now beginning to work."
He was also full of praise for Godrich, saying that despite having produced every album since 1997's 'OK Computer', the band weren't tempted to freshen up with a new face behind the mixing desk. "He's brilliant," Greenwood laughed. "He can make everything sound like it's working together rather than us trying to kill each other."
When asked if fans could expect to hear some fruits of the album sessions at the band's headline slot at the Reading and Leeds festivals in August, Greenwood hinted that it was a possibility. "We'll be playing stuff from our latest record and other stuff too I hope," he smiled. "We will come across stronger, more so than when we played in London a year ago [at Victoria Park]. It will be more reflective of what we've been doing when we've been playing in other countries [on a recent South American jaunt with Kraftwerk].
"We picked Reading and Leeds because the line-up looked really good and it just seemed exciting to do it on a Sunday night slot before bank holiday Monday," he added. "The fact we're sharing the beill with Arctic Monkeys and Kings of Leon [was also a reason]."
Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Studio Update: Radiohead 'Obsessed With Disco' - NME
Ir para o topo 
Página 1 de 1